While having a fully functional water system in your home is ideal, having too much water could cause problems. Leaks are easy to fix, and you should address them right away. Contact us today for leak detection repair in Lancaster, CA, and surrounding areas.
Here are some methods you can use to find the source of the leak in your water system:
- Observe your water bill: If your water usage hasn’t changed but your water bill keeps going up, there may be a leak. Look at a few of your most recent bills and compare them to see if there has been a usual increase. Consider the notion that some of your pipes may be underground. Leaks in this sector of the system might go unnoticed. It’s critical to get a professional plumber to check all of the pipes thoroughly. A warm spot on the floor or an unusual sound of running water necessitates immediate, expert assistance.
- Examine your water meter: You must first turn off all of the water in your house in order to achieve this. Close the damper, and unplug the dishwasher, washing machine, and any other appliances. Next, monitor the meter carefully to see if it starts changing. If it does, you likely have a severe leak. Wait two hours before checking the meter again if it doesn’t change. Even though all of the water is turned off, you can have a slower leak if something has changed. Anywhere after the meter, or even underground, could have a leak.
- Look for greener grass in your lawn: Everyone wants a lush lawn, but if a section of your yard is noticeably greener than the rest, it may be a sign that an underground water line is leaking. You may also observe tiny puddles on the ground’s surface in case of leaks.
- Keep an eye out for leaking hints: Some leaks are far more covert than others, such as when a fitting on a supply line under your sink malfunctions and sends a shower of water spraying! In the worst situation, water may slowly leak from pipe fittings inside a wall and be undiscovered until it causes huge damage.
Below are some areas to keep in mind to discover a leakage:
- Discolored Walls
- Paint that is dripping or bulging wallpaper
- Drippy noise
- Musty smell
Actions To Take When You Discover A Leak
While many of them may be simple to fix, it’s usually better to call a professional plumber the first time you find a leak since they will ensure that it is fixed and check to see if there is any damage. If you’re unsure about the leakage, consider scheduling a plumbing inspection in Lancaster, CA, and nearby areas.
Econo West Heating Air & Plumbing are expert in leak detection and can locate the source of the leak quickly with our advanced equipment. We understand that a leak can be disruptive, so we offer 24/7 emergency services. Don’t hesitate to call us today!