As the summer heat starts to beat down on you, the last thing you want is for your air conditioner to blow hot air. Unfortunately, this is a common issue that many homeowners face each summer. If you too are experiencing this problem, don’t panic.
Contact Econo West Heating Air & Plumbing professionals to service your AC unit today and beat the summer heat. We specialize in HVAC services such as AC installation in Antelope Valley, CA, and AC replacement in Lancaster, CA, and all surrounding areas.
This Blog Post Will Explain Why Your AC May Be Blowing Hot Air and What You Can Do About It
Reasons For Hot Air
- Dirty Air Filter: A filthy air filter is one of the most common reasons for an AC blowing hot air. It restricts airflow and can cause the AC to overheat. Make sure to check and replace your air filter regularly.
- Thermostat Problems: Another common issue is a malfunctioning thermostat. If the thermostat is not calibrated correctly or is not working, it can cause your AC to blow hot air.
- Refrigerant Leaks: A leak in the refrigerant line can cause your AC to blow hot air. If your AC is running low on refrigerant, it won’t be able to cool the air properly. It is a severe problem that requires professional repair. Contact us to schedule a consultation session or an AC replacement service in Lancaster, CA, if your AC undergoes frequent malfunctions and needs repairs.
- Clogged Drain Line: Your AC unit has a drain line that removes condensation from the unit. If this line becomes clogged, water can build up in the cooling unit and cause the AC to blow hot air.
- A Broken Compressor: The compressor is the heart of your AC unit and is responsible for compressing and circulating the refrigerant. If the compressor is broken, the AC won’t be able to cool the air properly, and it will blow hot air, significantly compromising your comfort and health.
If Your AC Is Blowing Hot Air
- Check The Air Filter: The first thing you should do is check the air filter. If it’s dirty, replace it. It is an easy fix that you can do yourself, and it could solve the problem.
- Check The Thermostat: If the air filter is clean and the problem persists, check the thermostat. Make sure it’s on the right setting and the temperature you’ve set is maintained.
- Call a Professional: If you can’t resolve the problem by checking the air filter and thermostat, it’s best to call a professional. Econo West Heating Air & Plumbing also provides reliable AC installment services in Antelope Valley, CA, and surrounding areas. Our trained technicians will be able to diagnose the problem and make the necessary repairs. With over 25 years of experience serving southern California, you can trust us to get the job done right.
Regular Maintenance Is Key
Regular maintenance is simply the answer to preventing AC problems. A professional tune-up can help keep your AC running smoothly, avoid future breakdowns, and improve efficiency. Econo West Heating Air & Plumbing offers regular maintenance services at an affordable price. We also provide 24/7 emergency services, so call us whenever you are experiencing any issues with your HVAC system. Contact Econo West Heating Air & Plumbing at any time for AC installation and replacement services in Antelope Valley, Lancaster, CA, and surrounding areas.