Summer is here, and the need for a functioning air conditioning system comes with it. Unfortunately, for many homeowners, this also means dealing with the frustration of an AC that won’t turn on.
It’s always best to consult a professional HVAC professional when facing this problem. Econo West Heating Air & Plumbing is one of the most reliable air conditioning contractors in Antelope Valley, CA. Our trained professionals are equipped to diagnose and fix any issues with your AC unit and are available 24/7.
Contact us today to learn more and schedule your air conditioning service in Antelope Valley, CA, and all surrounding areas.
This Blog Post Will Look at The Nine Reasons Why Your AC Won’t Turn On and What You Can Do To Remedy The Issue
- Tripped Circuit Breaker: The circuit breaker controlling the air conditioning unit may have been tripped, cutting power to the team. Locating the circuit breaker panel and resetting the switch might fix the issue.
- Faulty Thermostat: The thermostat may not work and send power to the unit. To troubleshoot, check the thermostat’s settings and batteries, and try adjusting the temperature. If this doesn’t work, you may need to replace the thermostat.
- Clogged Air Filter: A blocked air filter can restrict airflow to the unit, preventing it from turning on. Locate the air filter and replace or clean it as needed once every month.
- Dirty Condenser Coils: The condenser coils on the outside unit may be soiled, not allowing the AC to cool down properly and preventing it from turning on. Turning off the power to the system and using a garden hose to clean off the coils usually takes care of this problem.
- Low Refrigerant: The unit may be low on refrigerant, preventing it from cooling effectively and turning on. To fix this, a certified HVAC technician must add refrigerant. Contact professionals at Econo West Heating Air & Plumbing for an air conditioning service in Antelope Valley, CA, and have them take care of all repair and maintenance procedures your AC requires.
- Frozen Evaporator Coils: The evaporator coils inside the unit may be frozen, preventing the AC from turning on. To fix this, turn off the power to the unit and let it thaw. Contact a certified HVAC technician to check for issues such as clogged drains or low refrigerant levels if it continues to freeze.
- Faulty Compressor: The compressor may be damaged, preventing the unit from turning on. The compressor should be replaced by a certified HVAC technician from Econo West Heating Air & Plumbing, a reputable air conditioning contractor in Antelope Valley, CA.
- Malfunctioning Fan: The fan inside the unit that circulates the cool air may malfunction, preventing the cooling unit from turning on. Contact a technician to check and replace the fan if it’s not working.
- Wiring issue: The wiring issue with the air conditioning unit may prevent it from getting power. To troubleshoot, check all the wiring connections to ensure they are tight or schedule an air conditioning service in Antelope Valley and surrounding areas. Have our certified HVAC technician diagnose and fix the probable hazard soon, preventing further damage.
By following the above tips, you should be able to identify and fix the problem. Of course, for more complicated issues or any additional doubts, it’s always best to consult with the professional air conditioning contractor in Antelope Valley, Econo West Heating Air & Plumbing. We can help you to diagnose and fix the problem 24/7. Reach Our Team of Experts For More Information on Air Conditioning Repair Services