Learn how to confirm that the company you hired for air duct cleaning did a good job.
Over the years, all kinds of indoor air contaminants can build up in your ductwork. And what’s in your ductwork will also be in your indoor air! If you have noticed fast dust buildup in your home, stale odors, or allergy-like symptoms, you may need to have your air ducts cleaned of dust, pet dander, mold spores, pollen, skin flakes, bits of insulation, and other contaminants.
Plenty of companies offer air duct cleaning, but how do you know they will do a good job? First of all, start by choosing a reputable company with ample experience in HVAC services such as Econo West Heating Air & Plumbing. Next, check the company’s work! Here are 5 signs of a quality air duct cleaning that you should be able to confirm following a visit from Econo West Heating Air & Plumbing.
- All parts of the HVAC system were cleaned: Of course every inch of the ducts themselves should be vacuumed during a duct cleaning. But what about other HVAC components? These also need to be cleaned to prevent dust trapped in the blower fan or on the edge of a grille from contaminating your newly cleaned ducts. After an air duct cleaning, check that the following parts are visibly clean: heat exchanger surface, cooling coil, blower compartment, blower blades, return air plenum, supply air plenum, interior ductwork surfaces, registers, grilles and diffusers.
- HEPA filtration was used: It’s not enough to just remove dust and allergens from the ducts and HVAC equipment; these contaminants need to be removed completely from your home. Unless HEPA filtration is used, vacuuming the ducts can result in particles passing through the vacuum bag and getting spit out into your home. HEPA filters capture almost all particles on the first pass so that all the contamination can be properly disposed of.
- Filters were cleaned or replaced and reinstalled correctly: Having high-quality filters in your HVAC system helps to keep dust and contaminants from continuing to circulate in your home. Following an air duct cleaning, you should be able to tell you have been left with nice clean filters and these filters fit properly in your HVAC system.
- Registers and grilles are tightly attached: Any air registers or grille covers that were removed in order to access different parts of your ducts should be put back in place. They should be as tight and straight as they were prior to the cleaning.
- Your HVAC system works correctly: Finally, check that both your heating and cooling equipment turns on and functions properly after the cleaning.
At Econo West Heating Air & Plumbing, we have a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee on our air duct cleaning so you can rest assured we will always provide superior service.